On Mon, 20 May 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Because the color setting doesn't have any effect if you build using the
> script. e.g. before my change this script won't work with colors:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> make clean
> APACHE_TEST_COLOR=1; export APACHE_TEST_COLOR
> /home/stas/perl/ithread/bin/perl Makefile.PL ...
> ... make && make test

that works fine (colorized as expected) for me with the old code, tested
modperl-2.0 with:
#!/bin/sh

make clean

APACHE_TEST_COLOR=1; export APACHE_TEST_COLOR

$HOME/perl/farm/bin/perl-current-debug-ithreads Makefile.PL \
MP_AP_PREFIX=$HOME/apache/farm/install/worker-debug-shared-all-exp

make && make test

-t is the right check.  what do you see with the test script below?

% sh test.sh
STDOUT is a tty
% sh test.sh > test.log
% cat test.log