I've took a closer look at round-robin-dynamic.xml and
round-robin-ssl.xml. Google regexp is actually trivial to fix. You just
have to replace " with >. However they changed one more thing.
If query matches certain category, then first URL points to their
http://directory.google.com/. We could tweak regexp a bit to match first
*real* entry, or leave it as it is, just as a proof of concept. If
nobody has problem with this "match first URL, even when it's not first
result" scheme, then I'll commit fixed regexp later this day.

We have to get some URL's for round-robin-ssl.xml. First URL
(modssl.org) is impossible to fetch (timeout), and second (ssleay.org)
is redirected to some search engine. Is there a possibility to have just
one HTTPS url within apache.org? As with Google -- we could have a solid
working example and few cool other urls comented out. In addition error
messages from ssleay-based URL are not so informative, but that is what
I'm going to fix in future :)

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia