> Just to add to the concern Bill has voiced, there is a risk of "fixing"
> testing here. You see that the sub-tests have failed only if you run in
> the verbose mode. Most people won't do that, and will miss those
> failures, thinking that everything is proper.

hmm, what gives you that impression?

$ make test
/perl/perl-5.8.2/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -bugreport -verbose=0
*** setting ulimit to allow core files
modules/dir..............ok
modules/env..............ok
modules/expires..........skipped
        all skipped: cannot find module 'expires'
modules/headers..........skipped
        all skipped: cannot find module 'headers'
modules/include..........ok 20/76# Failed test 20 in modules/include.t at
line 223 fail #18 *TODO*
modules/include..........ok 39/76# Failed test 39 in modules/include.t at
line 223 fail #37 *TODO*
modules/include..........ok 43/76# Failed test 43 in modules/include.t at
line 272 *TODO*
modules/include..........ok
        14/76 skipped: Skipping bucket boundary tests, no mod_bucketeer
modules/info.............skipped

you're probably just overworked :)

> I'm +1 your patch and goal, I'm just hoping that those in charge of the
> tests with failures will remember to run in the verbose mode to see those
> TODO tests.

well, hopefully the TODO stuff will stick out now as something to work on
(rather than just errors, which you never know are true errors or not).

since at least andre is actively working on the include tests, I'll wait for
him to weigh in before going forward.  I'm still confused by the
flastmod/fsize stuff anyway.

--Geoff