> Are you sure that your not problem is elsewhere?

I have no idea where it's tripping up.  here's my nightly build process:

  1 - nuke all Apache foo from my perls
      $ find /perl/ -name "Apache*" -exec sudo rm -rf {} \;

  2 - nuke my apache installs

  3 - build each apache

  4 - cd mod_perl-2.0 && make realclean && perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=...

so, essentially I'm starting from a fresh @INC at the start of each night.
but it chokes when apache moves from 2.1 to 2.0, since the binaries are
incompatable.  in reality, though, it's probably not using the right httpd
for any but the first iteration.

but even if it is "user error" on my part, I _still_ haven't found a way to
fix it short of purging my entire system of TestConfigData.pm files.  and we
shouldn't need to expect users to do this when they upgrade mod_perl or
decide to build mod_perl against a different apache - right now both appear
to be broken.

--Geoff