Stas Bekman wrote:

> Well dversion is generated by A-T and it's "-D APACHE$self->{rev}", why
> taking
> chances and match partial strings? What assumptions are you talking about,
> when both live inside the same package.
>
> And it seems to be awkward at all, since what you are really after is:
>
>    if ($self->server->{rev} == 1)

indeed, a much better solution.  however, i suspect it's obvious only to
one as steeped in the code as yourself' i wasn't interested in hunting
through all the code to find out where the symbol was evolved; past
attempts to do things like that have been frustrating.  so thanks!

btw, the documentation joe mentioned to me is under perl.apache.org --
which is cool, but i think it would be cooler still if there were
a link to it from http://httpd.apache.org/test/ ... which is where
i went to look for it.
--
#ken    P-)}