Geoffrey Young wrote:

> it all boils down to TestConfigParse::httpd_version()

glad to know it's somewhat identified.

> that (or similar foo) will happen when you try to test first against 2.0 and
> then against 1.3, regardless of win32 vs unix.  at least that's been my
> experience.
>
> try first removing $HOME/.apache-test and see if that helps.  if so, just
> introduced into cvs yesterday was $ENV{APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES}
> which, if true, attempts to suppress any and all influence from prior runs.

well, no.  there is no ".apache-test" file anywhere on my windows system.
i did a "set APACHE_TEST_NO_STICKY_PREFERENCES=1".  i even completely
removed and re-checked out the httpd-test module.  but

perl Makefile.PL -apxs "K:\Coar\Apache\Server-1.3\bin\apxs.pl"

succeeds, as does the nmake following, but

perl t\TEST -config

explodes with the attempt to treat the 1.3 apxs.pl as 2.0, complete
with the same -D APACHE2.

no joy yet..
--
#ken    P-)}