> Are you sure that there will be no side effects?

I'm pretty sure.  it's not like test_clean won't be called under normal
'make test' circumstances, it's just that now there would be a way around it
if the user thinks it is beneficial.

> If yes, then +1

ok, cool.  if things blow up then I'll revert it, but I'm not seeing any
problems on my end.

> Why not just run t/TEST directly instead of using make? I never use make
> when developing tests. So it was never an issue for me.

t/TEST works fine for smallish things, but make is nice for automatically
computing and including library directories spread out all over the place.

--Geoff