Stas Bekman wrote:
I know we tried to avoid external dependencies, but Cwd coming with 5.6.x is unusable under -T. At the moment this breaks some mp2 tests (the problem comes from A-T, which indirectly invokes Cwd::cwd via File::Spec's rel2abs. I've tried to code a workaround, but it doesn't work and it's a bad idea to get it working since it's very OS specific. (_backtick_pwd is the problem).

so we probably have no choice but require Cwd 2.06

So it's:

WriteMakefile(
    NAME      => 'Apache::Test',
    VERSION   => $VERSION,
    PREREQ_PM => { 'File::Spec' => '0.8',
                   'Cwd'        => '2.06',
                 },
);

but if this is not run from CPAN/CPANPLUS shell, most likely this requirement will be ignored. Should we add:

die "Cwd 2.06 or higher is required"
    unless eval { require Cwd && $Cwd::VERSION >= 2.06 };

after WriteMakefile(), this won't get on the way of CPAN/CPANPLUS shell will it?