It's too risky to just check for Makefile.PL, since it's too generic. What if someone decides to run mp2bug while residing in the source directory of some other perl distro? How about:

use constant IS_MOD_PERL_BUILD => grep
    { -e "$_/Makefile.PL" && -e "$_/lib/mod_perl2.pm" } qw(. ..);
I agree that its probably too generic but anything short of them copying
mp2bug into
other-distro/bin or other-distro wouldn't cause it to break.
I like you're idea better though, as it account for the above case too.

+1

not really, I believe. It's possible that -httpd is not passed, in which case this won't work.
I've yet to pass -httpd to anything other then Apache2::DebugFilter.
:)

Thats okay, I liked the first one better anyway.

--
END
                Nothing is impossible.

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) 301.254.5198
Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
  http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
       http://www.liquidation.com
       http://www.uksurplus.com