Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>+     $ perl -pi -e 's/(\d+)\.(\d+)/join(".", $1, $2+1)/eg' RELEASE
>
> aah, even better :)

It's all about lazyness ;-)

>>   d. commit Changes
>>-     % svn ci -m "start 1.29-dev cycle" Changes RELEASE lib/Apache/Test.pm
>>+     % svn ci -m "start 1.30-dev cycle" Changes RELEASE lib/Apache/Test.pm
>
> actually, I don't think you want to do this - the above command will
> increment this line so that it reads properly when it's time for this step.

I noticed that, but I just looked at mp2's RELEASE document, and it was worded
like that too. I guess it all depends on the particular habit of the RELEASE
manager. I just keep the file open while I release, and I don't reload it if
it has changed on disk.

Feel free to adjust to your preference ;-)