Stas Bekman wrote:
Geoffrey Young wrote:

Stas Bekman wrote:
I was trying to get GET, POST and other Apache::TestRequest methods to
accept a pre-existing HTTP::Request object, rather than pass arguments
that will construct one.

The reason, I was trying to use HTML::TreeBuilder and
HTTP::Request::Form to fill-out a form and submit that, rather than raw
POST, e.g.:

have you tried mech for this?  I haven't but have always wanted to

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/WWW-Mechanize/

What difference does it make?

There's some great syntactic sugar that make submitting forms relatively painless. I've used it in my A::T programs by grabbing the port number from the config hash and used a WWW::Mechanize->new object to do the calls.