RC2 with ATI Radeon HD 5670 - Blank screen with either
default or VESA driver.  What happened to text mode install?

RC2 with ATI 2600 XT (an old card) - successful install.
Had to add "vga" cheat code to get a display on a CRT.

The current ATI proprietary driver (I want my Cpmpiz!!)
installs without error messages on both 32 and 64 RC2.
However the result does not run X windows, and
removing xorg.conf doesn't allow X to run as desired.

Install did not ask for a user account.  I had to add
one using a console TTY and groupadd/useradd/passwd.
Almost a feature, but sure to confuse novices.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     c...@omen.com   www.omen.com