On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 14:40:03 -0700
Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> wrote:

> So, what's left to determine is whether all that goomph above is just
> telepathy pooping its pants, or whether that's actually what's causing
> Shell to crash (or quit).
>
> Do you have any abrt crash reports for gnome-shell?

Nothing in abrt, no.  It doesn't seem to be an actual SEGV-style crash
that would bring abrt into the picture.  If I start in the fallback mode,
then do "gnome-shell --replace" by hand, I get something similar:

    JS ERROR: !!!   Exception was: TypeError: this._accountManager.get_factory
is not a function
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '124'
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName =
'"/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/telepathyClient.js"'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack =
'"()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/telepathyClient.js:124
Client()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/telepathyClient.js:77
_createUserSession()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/main.js:84
start()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/main.js:223
@<main>:1
"'
    JS ERROR: !!!     message = '"this._accountManager.get_factory is not a
function"'
Window manager warning: Log level 32: Execution of main.js threw exception:
TypeError: this._accountManager.get_factory is not a function
gnome-shell-calendar-server[2444]: Got HUP on stdin - exiting

FWIW, that telepathyClient.js file actually belongs to gnome-shell; I'm
not sure that telepathy itself has much to do with it.

Thanks,

jon