On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 00:55 -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Hi, Jason:
>
> Jason White writes:
> > Janina Sajka <jan...@rednote.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Issuing the following command as root works as expected.  Issuing this
> > > command as an ordinary user hangs until a Ctrl-C.
> >
> > Perhaps it would be a good idea to run these commands with strace, capture
> > the
> > output and add it to the bug report.
> >
> Already done. Also, I've verified that selinux isn't the problem, and
> I've provided ls -lZ and ls -ldZ output for ~/.speech-dispatcher
> inasmuch as the strace seemed to suggest the problem was a "connection
> refused" accessing the socket in that directory.
>
> I'm pleased to report I have had good followup from Red Hat this
> evening, so I'm hopeful. But, no solution yet.

You realize I'm just the QA monkey, I'm not actually capable of *fixing*
anything. =)

it might be nice if you could try in a more, hem, 'traditional'
configuration - i.e. not your PA-disabled, booting-to-runlevel-3 config
- before assuming it's just as broken for everyone. obviously something
is wrong here, but it may not be simply 100% broken - viz it seems to
work on my systems.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey