On 01/09/13 09:26, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 09:11:18 -0600
> Kevin Martin <ktm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Been running rawhide for well over a year.  The boot editing issue
>> has occurred essentially since the anaconda changes.  I did a
>> reinstall of my system with the F18 beta DVD about 4 months ago;
>> that's when I started noticing the problem.  I've since then been
>> updating my system from the rawhide repos.
>>
>> Kevin
>
> You don't need anaconda for an installed system.
> Am running Rawhide here with no boot problems.
> Though I have removed all the "advanced sub-menu"
> as it wasn't necessary in my particular boxes.
>
> Can you boot from an earlier kernel?
> do your logs give any hint of a problem.

I understand that anaconda is not needed for a running system.  And I'm not
having a problem booting into any of my kernels; I found
the problem when I went to add some debug information "on the fly" to the linux
line in the kernel I was booting and found that
after hitting 'e' to edit it showed nothing to edit, 'c' for commandline seemed
to do nothing, the option for booting did nothing,
and I couldn't get back to the grub menu.  I had to hard reset to get back to
where I could see the grub menu. Tom Horsley mentioned
the gfx stuff in grub. I'm going to look at that and see what happens if I
disable it.

Kevin