On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:02:09 -0800,
  Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 11:09 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

2. (bwolff) "I think we can live without prefixes for the whiteboard.
There could be cases where a bug is freezeexception for alpha and
blocker for beta, but those could be handled by not marking the state
for past the next type of release. The simplicity of naming probably
gains more than the extra effort needed for a few bugs."

Assuming you mean 'suffixes' not 'prefixes' - so your proposal is just
to use Accepted and Rejected - then again, I don't like that. "There
could be cases" where a bug has multiple states is putting it much too
weakly - there are such cases, a lot of such cases, it's something we do
all the time. We can't just handwave it away. I don't think the
'simplicity' of Accepted vs. AcceptedBlocker is worth that at all. In
fact, a whiteboard field which just says 'Accepted' is probably more
confusing than one which says 'AcceptedBlocker', if you don't know the
process.

I was suggesting not using 'alpha' or 'beta' in the whiteboard names. But perhaps I was confusing the blocker aliases with the whiteboard names and we aren't using alpha or beta in those now.