On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 07:57 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 09:18:51 +0300,
>    Cristian Sava <cs...@central.ucv.ro> wrote:
> >I will consider your suggestion but this may take time and testing. It
> >is not for today or tomorrow and not all the people will agree with us.
> >Courier is a robust and well working piece in a mail server so it's a
> >much simpler solution to disable or even uninstall selinux (why don't we
> >have an install time option do it).
> >I like very much selinux (when there is a simple way to configure it)
> >but I will not abandon courier just for that and many will agree with
> >me.
>
> It might not even be a general Courier issue, but rather how it is
> packaged for Fedora.
wget
https://sourceforge.net/projects/courier/files/authlib/0.65.0/courier-authlib-0.65.0.tar.bz2
wget
https://sourceforge.net/projects/courier/files/imap/4.13/courier-imap-4.13.tar.bz2

and "rpmbuild -ta courier-authlib-0.65.0.tar.bz2" ... so the spec is the one
provided.
Check the vast majority of tutorials and you'll find that all begin with
SELINUX=disabled
 and they rpmbuild courier in the same way.
Courier must match the same scheme with postfix, amavisd-new, clamav,
spamassasin
(and all is working ok if selinux is disabled)
 so it's expected to not be so easy to rethink all these spec files to work
with selinux.
Do you know someone who did?

Cristian Sava