On 2013-06-13 15:42 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

All existing partitions are shown in the tree
view on the left hand side of custom partitioning. You can select one
and assign a mount point to it on the right hand side, and choose
whether or not to reformat it.

Its unintuitive logic has me pretty well baffled. I started my first new installation since December on Wednesday evening. Since then, all my F19s had been the result of F18 upgrades, most of which were F17 upgrades, many of which were F16 upgrades. I didn't like Fedora's old installer much. I like the current one a lot less.

I started with this partititon layout:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Fedora/kt880L09.txt

When I started, sda20 was a freshly created empty EXT3, and my target for F19's /. In spite of a huge variety of difficulty, a few hours after beginning I somehow managed to get a working "Basic Desktop" installed onto it, followed by adding as much of KDE as I'll ever use, for a net 73% used of the total 4.8G partition size.

More than 60% of the gross time since beginning, at least 15 hours estimated net, I was doing nothing unrelated to F19 installation, including trying unsuccessfully to get a minimal installation onto the identically sized sda19. Each time I got as far as http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Fedora/anaconda19tc3-06parts-0768.png and no further than being told insufficient space http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Fedora/anaconda19tc3-11addfailure-1024.png & http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Fedora/anaconda19tc3-04partoptions-1200.png even though available space for / on sda19 is identical to the successful and larger http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Fedora/fedora19tc3-KDEinstsum.png installation. It let me select the empty 4.8G partitions for formatting, but no amount of clicking on the add mount point or configure selected mount point buttons would allow me any progress in attempting to fill in the partition characteristics fields - until: in advance of beginning an installation attempt, I put a filesystem on the never-used-previously target / partition!?!?!?!

Is absence of any filesystem on a target / supposed to block installation???

http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Fedora/ has screenshots mostly of the installation process, in part because without them the problems have been too numerous to for me to be able to remember. My difficulty with Anaconda's wheel logic is compounded by the illegibility of its tiny gray text on gray background. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out some way to get legible text. The closest thing to a solution I've been able to come up with is using both video= and resolution= on cmdline, both set much lower than the CRT's preferred mode, with the X resolution much lower than my personal preferred mode. A byproduct of coming up with it is I did some editing of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda_Boot_Options, initially replacing resolution= with video=, then adding resolution= back, as video only affects the KMS framebuffer, while resolution only affects X.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/