On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM, Adam Williamson <awill...@redhat.com> wrote:
> KDE has a checkbox for *everything in the world*,

KScreen actually "fixes" this.  The old display config pretty much
exposed every xrandr option under the sun, and just as tersely.  (In
fact, I think it just shelled out to xrandr and only did so if you
configured something, which is why it never messed with Felix's
config.)

KScreen's config is much nicer and it mostly just Does The Right Thing.

> so I'm sure you can
> reverse/reconfigure it somewhere.

System Settings > Display

> I haven't used it, but I'm assuming it
> can set resolution and refresh rate as well as multi-monitor
> positioning, hence useful for single monitors.

Yup.  :-)

-T.C.