On 10/14/2013 03:27 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Eric Blake <ebl...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I've got a similar problem - I've got my laptop set up to automount an
>> NFS share over wifi, and frequently hit a hang during system shutdown
>> because systemd allows Networkmanager (and the wifi) to be taken down
>> before NFS is fully unmounted, where the system then stalls for several
>> minutes waiting for the NFS unmount that is impossible at that point.  I
>> have no idea where to look at adding a dependency that says that yes, my
>> wifi network connection really must have a longer lifetime on BOTH sides
>> of the NFS mount point.
>
> Are you using systemd's automounting logic or plain ol' autofs?

Dunno.  Whatever I got by installing F17 with anaconda then
incrementally upgrading through F18, F19, and now F20, and where I set
up my /etc/fstab by copying the same configuration that worked for me
since F12 pre-systemd days.  So it might not be ideal, but it's one of
those "it works well enough for me that I'm not going to waste time
tweaking it unless it breaks first" situations.  Except that it's
noticeably broken enough at shutdown that I bothered to ask on the list :)

The corresponding /etc/fstab entry:

nas:/backup      /mnt/backup          nfs     bg,user,_netdev 0 0

# systemctl list-dependencies mnt-backup.mount
mnt-backup.mount
├─-.mount
├─system.slice
└─network-online.target