Are multiple avahi/mDNS instances supposed to reliably work on one NIC with
virtual machines?  I'm experiencing hostname resolution failure with avahi
about 1 minute after avahi-daemon.service starts. Nothing is recorded in the
journal in between working and not working. I've disabled firewalld in the VM
and on the host and get the same results.

The baremetal host I can ssh to/from without there ever being a problem: ssh
chris@f20s.local

The qemu/kvm guest, I can ssh to/from intermittently: ssh chris@f20sv.local

If I constantly log out and login, it always works, for 3-4 minutes. If I stop
doing that for even 20 or seconds, the next attempt I get:
ssh: Could not resolve hostname f20sv.local: nodename nor servname provided, or
not known

When that happens, I can still login the old fashioned way, ssh
ch...@192.168.1.xxx and this succeeds.

I can then 'systemctl restart avahi-daemon" and for a short while I can once
again ssh/scp to my heart's content. Then it stops working. It is almost like a
service like a firewall is taking a bit of time to cut it off, but then does
so. But firewalld is not running on host or guest.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this further in the event it's not expected
behavior.

Chris Murphy