On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 01:00:11PM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> Two different computers. One runs ntpd, the other chronyd. So it's probably
> not a hardware problem, and it's probably not a software bug in the client.
> Were they pointed at the same time server by any chance? I'm not sure how
> either ntpd or chronyd deal with bogus or corrupt data.
>
> I think you either treat it as a weird one off event, or see about setting
> ntpd and chronyd logleve to debug, and then if it happens again maybe you'll
> get enough information to know what's going on.

Are there any interesting messages in syslog near that jump? Both
ntpd and chronyd in their default configuration log a message when
they step the clock, but chronyd steps the clock only on start. Also,
chronyd will log a message if it detects that something else has
stepped the clock backwards.

--
Miroslav Lichvar