On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 16:23 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2014-08-06 11:43 (GMT-0500) Kevin Martin composed:
>
> > Hmm, I have biosdevname installed (and always have) and have never put
> > net.ifnames=0
> >  anywhere that I'm aware of.
>
> I've included net.ifnames=0 on installer cmdline for every distro I've
> installed for over a year. NAICT, Anaconda ignores it.

No, it doesn't, but I think you're all confused about what net.ifnames=0
is for. net.ifnames=0 turns off *systemd's* predictable device naming.
It does nothing about biosdevname. The kernel parameter for disabling
biosdevname is biosdevname=0 . If you want the most belt-and-braces
approach to making sure you never get 'predictable' device names of any
sort, do 'yum remove biosdevname' and add 'net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0'
to your kernel cmdline. That should do the trick.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey