On 11/06/14 06:00, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> OK, try some of the following:
>
>    yum -v   group list
> which should list the groups available.
>
>    yum  -v  group info workstation-product-environment
>
> which shows workstation-product
>
>    and finally yum -v info workstation-product
> which shows all of the packages for workstation-product (which is what I
> belive you are looking for).

What I am asking is, what I am looking for is, how to install GNOME after an
fresh install of F21 with KDE.

In previous versions of Fedora the command....

yum group list

returned a list including "GNOME Desktop (gnome-desktop-environment)"

And one would simply invoke .....

yum groupinstall 'GNOME Desktop' or gnome-desktop-environment and the needful
and you were done.

Now in F21 you don't get that.... You get....  (as I've now written more than
once)

Available environment groups:
   Fedora Server
   Fedora Cloud Server
   Fedora Workstation
   KDE Plasma Workspaces
   Xfce Desktop
   LXDE Desktop
   Cinnamon Desktop
   MATE Desktop
   Sugar Desktop Environment
   Development and Creative Workstation
   Web Server
   Infrastructure Server
   Basic Desktop
   Minimal Install

And one can quickly notice "GNOME Desktop (gnome-desktop-environment)" is
nowhere to be seen....

And, as previously written as well, one could type

yum group install "Fedora Workstation"

thinking that would get them GNOME but they will be greeted with ....

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: fedora-release-nonproduct conflicts with
fedora-release-workstation-21-0.16.noarch
Error: firewalld-config-standard conflicts with
fedora-release-workstation-21-0.16.noarch
Error: firewalld-config-workstation conflicts with
firewalld-config-standard-0.3.12-1.fc21.noarch
Error: fedora-release-workstation conflicts with
fedora-release-nonproduct-21-0.16.noarch
Error: firewalld-config-standard conflicts with
firewalld-config-workstation-0.3.12-1.fc21.noarch
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

So.....  There seems to be no easy way to install GNOME.  I hope nobody is
suggesting that everyone has to discover what packages are in
workstation-product and then pick and choose and eventually get a GNOME
environment.