After shifting the partitions on my HDD up by about 200 MiB and then
using gdisk to convert the disk to GPT (did it this way to try and
preserve the existing Windows partitions), the Fedora installer now
only recognises my HDD as a multipath device.

I actually have two SATA HDDs, both are the same as what I posted
previously. One of them turned out to be GPT the other MBR (so maybe
Windows just decided to convert the wrong drive to GPT originally?).
Before I did the conversion described above, both HDDs were recognised
as local disks by the installer, now both are recognised as multipath
devices.

I tried the install on the multipath device anyway and it seemed to
work, But upon booting into the installation it failed critically and
dumped me into the emergency console. It looked as though it failed to
find any HDDs at all when trying to boot.

I will see if I can generate some screenshots or something and post
them soon.

I also looked at the F21 Common Bugs page on the wiki. There is a
section there talking about multipath device issue. I created edited
the /etc/multipath.conf file to have the contents specified but the
installer still treats all devices as multipaths.

Any suggestions here? Should I just try wiping the HDD and starting
again (ensuring that Windows properly formats the correct HDD this
time?)