On 01/14/2015 03:08 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 15:06 -0800, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX wrote:
On 01/14/2015 08:29 AM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 07:09:27 -0800
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX <c...@omen.com> wrote:

Another day, another rev of rawhide that won't come up in X.

I am amazed how much Linux administration now depends on X.

I think I recall that gnome-session was the problem.  Downgrading
same should help.
I tried installing the Lxde flavor.  It does not have a gnome-
session but still does not run X.  I tried switching from Nvidia to
Radeon but that doesn't work either.  Tried installing the Xfce
flavor and minimal desktop - still no X.

Has anyone gotten rawhide to install on a clean hardware system and
come up in X?

Not a clean install, but it's been working fine on my desktop the
whole time you've been saying it's not working. It's probably, as is
most common, something particular to your graphics hardware or
configuration?
I rather doubt the problem is with the machine, which runs
Fedora 21 without problems.  It is even running PC-BSD 10.1
which Phoronix reported ran on only one of its test systems.

Besides, the graphical rawhide installer runs normally on the system.

Once I tried installing a newer Rawhide on my Office computer with the same results.

Before the turn of the year both systems could run the current rawhide.

rsync/pxeboot or boot.iso, rawhide has forgotten how to run X.

--
     Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   c...@omen.com   www.omen.com