On Sun, 2015-12-20 at 01:37 +0100, Lars Seipel wrote:
> […]
>
> I don't think the proprietary Nvidia driver ever really worked with
> Rawhide's debug-enabled kernels. If you want to use current kernels,
> I'd
> recommend Nouveau. It offers the superior user experience anyway, as
> long as you can live with its lower 3D performance.

As I understand it, the proprietary driver will not work on a debug
Linux kernel, so I have never actually tried it. I get the non-debug
kernel from the special repository for non-debug Fedora Linux kernels.

Last time I tried Nouveau, a year or so ago, it was unable to do
transparency properly so GNOME Shell was horrible to use, and it didn't
provide OpenCL support. Given that the NVIDIA proprietary driver very,
very rarely fails to work on Debian Sid, I just use it and until the
last couple of months it had always worked on Rawhide as well.

Happy solstice celebrations to one and all.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net