On Sat, 09 Jan 2016 16:51:15 -0000
"Andre Robatino" <robat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > Sorry on the qemu front, but I was under the impression that bodhi
> > handles obsoleting old updates when a new version is submitted. Am
> > I wrong, or is something busted on the bodhi side?

It does, except in several cases:

1) The older update is in a updates push (going to testing or stable)
and locked when you submit the new one.

2) The older update has multiple packages in it and you submit a new
update with just one package. Bodhi can't know what to do here... the
old update might need the older version of your package when it goes
stable so if it was removed it might break the older update.

So, as a maintainer you should be watching for these cases...

> See the bug. The downgrades happened when old updates were submitted
> for stable, either by the packager submitting them or by getting
> enough karma to be submitted automatically. Bodhi does not obsolete
> old updates, and until that's fixed, packagers will probably have to
> obsolete them manually.

it does in the common/normal case, it just can't always.

kevin