On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 03:53 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > Hi, folks! I'm working through some criteria issues that came up during
> > F23 validation.
> >
> > Here's one: a few times, we hit issues on live images which would have
> > been violations of the 'post-install' release criteria, except those
> > are explicitly for 'installed' systems. We generally felt that the
> > relevant 'post-install' criteria should also apply to live boots.
> >
> > Here's a top-level idea for handling that:
> >
> > 1. Rename the 'Post-install requirements' section on each criteria page
> > to 'Post-deployment and live requirements'
> > 2. Add some text at the top of the section explaining the general idea:
> > the requirements in the section apply to installed systems, 'appliance'
> > environments like the cloud images, *and* live environments, where
> > appropriate
> > 3. Adjust the wording of each individual criterion in the sections,
> > where appropriate. Just to give an example:
> >
> > "Unless explicitly specified otherwise, after system installation
> > SELinux must be enabled and in enforcing mode."
> >
> > would become something like:
> >
> > "Unless explicitly specified otherwise, SELinux must be enabled and in
> > enforcing mode in live environments and after system installation."
> >
> > Does this general approach sound good? If so, I'll post some drafts
> > later in the week. Thanks!
>
> +1
>
> But in the SELinux case, I think anaconda disables SELinux even on
> Live, so it might need some clarification.

It does, but I'm not sure that's worth mentioning in the criterion, and
really I was just trying to give a sample of the wording changes that
would happen, not be super precise. If we're gonna mention that I'd do
it in a footnote. (It only sets Permissive mode while it's actually
running, it restores Enforcing on quit, IIRC).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey