Adam Williamson wrote:

> So I wouldn't assume that any of the discussion is at
> all relevant until you've at least established that someone
made a
> conscious decision to make some part of KDE not respect
those files any
> more. It's just as likely, or more likely, to be a
straightforward
> mistake somewhere or other.

True. However, I have noticed for a few fedora releases, that
.bashrc and .bash_profile are no longer in users' directories
be default any longer. Nor is .local/bin being set any longer.

Still, everything seems to work, at least graphically. I never
thought to test this other stuff in the past, because I just
automatically put my old trusty files in place like always to
set up my desired environment.

Now that this issue has appeared, I am open to getting rid of
those files, since Fedora doesn't even put them in by default,
if I can simplify my life and set this stuff up elsewhere.

How? Where? Autostart? /etc/environment, as some suggested,
for the variables? A bit awkward, since I don't think user
settings should be done in /etc...

I'd like to find something simple and easy, without a lot of
fiddling.