On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:38 PM Sumantro Mukherjee <sumuk...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Now that we have the F27 Modular Server Beta, It will be great to have the
> test cases.
> I've started writing them, I would like to have the feedback and thoughts
> on them.
> I have mostly used dnf module --help as a base to derive the these. If
> something is
> missing, I would love to draft them too, just let me know.
>
> [1] Listing all modules:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sumantrom/Draft/FMS_module_list

Looks good, though we should probably add a set of modules that *must* be
enabled/disabled on the default install. It doesn't need to address all
possible modules in the list, but we should have a minimum set that must be
correct.

> [2] Enabling & Disabling modules:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sumantrom/Draft/FMS_enable_disable_module

This test doesn't actually validate that the enable/disable correctly
happened. At minimum, the results should be tested by repeating [1] and
confirming that the values have changed. At best, we should have a set of
packages known to install or fail to install that we use to prove the state.

> [3] Install & Update :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sumantrom/Draft/dnf_install_remove_update_module

This page looks reasonable, but there are numerous typographical errors
(including some in the commands) that should be corrected.

It should also add a test for switching streams (e.g. verify that one can
install nodejs-8 and then switch it to nodejs-6).

> [4] Module Info :
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sumantrom/Draft/dnf_module_info

This set of test cases needs to have a set of success conditions defined.
"It displays some text" isn't good enough for blocker criteria.