On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:17 PM Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 01:49:20PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Justification:
> http://newsthump.com/2018/05/21/man-decides-to-keep-box-of-cables-hes-has-since-2002-for-another-year/
>
> More seriously: I don't think there are any systems in the audiences
> targeted by our release-blocking deliverables which are not better served
> by
> booting from USB media.

Speaking for I believe most of the QA team: "We'd be happy to". Testing
optical boot is a major PITA. The decision is not ours, though, but I
assume it belongs to the groups owning the media currently blocking optical
boot. Which is Spins SIG for Everything netinst and Workstation WG for
Workstation Live [1] (to be clear, nothing else is currently covered by
that criterion, just those two images).

One more thing, Matthew, are you proposing we drop this for F30, or
immediately for F29?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/29/ReleaseBlocking