On Sat, 2020-02-29 at 03:16 -0500, David wrote:
> Today's update went smoothly, mostly just a few packages for Mesa,
> Samba, and some dependencies.   83 packages, I think.
>
> I rebooted and did a few task for an hour, and everything is okay.
>
> I do not pay much attention to the flatpak updates, but all my additional
> software is via flatpak.
>
> I can only guess that I have about 30 man-hours of usage since my Rawhide
> install
> became "fc33."    I have no idea how to properly word that statement.
> Better to say,
> "since Rawhide branched off Fedora 32."    Right ?

It's more sort of the opposite: it's "since Fedora 32 branched off
Rawhide". Rawhide is a permanently rolling distribution that is always
Rawhide; our releases branch off it.

The question of whether Rawhide "is" 33 at this point is an
interestingly subjective one :) I tend to be of the opinion that it
isn't. Rawhide is always Rawhide. Fedora 33 does not exist yet. We
expect it to come into existence by branching Rawhide in a few months,
hence we assign 'fc33' to Rawhide builds and later we will run test
events aimed at the 'Fedora 33' release cycle, done from Rawhide
composes.

I can talk about this stuff for hours, don't mind me. :P
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey