On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 10:14 AM George R Goffe <grgo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I had to re-create the initramfs as well and, change fstab too. The process
> was up hill in both directions... due to my fumbling. Sigh.
>
> I now have a VM FC34 x86_64 (Rawhide) running with btrfs file systems.
>
> After a few upgrades I did an "init 0" command. The VM didn't close so I
> checked the console. Something was spewing messages concerning "access beyond
> device".

That is suspicious.  This is in the guest? Or the host? If it's in the
guest, you'll want to find out what was happening in the host at the
same time, to see if they're related or if it's limited to just the
guest.

You can do 'journalctl --list-boots' to get a list of boots, narrow
down which boot it happened in. The first column, 0 is the current
boot, -1 is the prior boot, -2 the one before that, etc. Use that
number with -b flag. -k is for kernel messages only. You can filter
suspects with some reliable key work, maybe:

journalctl -b -3 -k | grep beyond

Once you find which boot:

journalctl -b -4 -k -o short-monotonic --no-hostname | fpaste

Or something like that.

--
Chris Murphy