On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 5:44 AM Kamil Paral <kpa...@redhat.com> wrote:

> The reason for this proposal is this bugzilla [1] and this blocker ticket [2]
> where we discussed whether we should ship an older Firefox on F33 Beta media,
> which was known to completely wipe the whole user profile on upgraded
> systems. We didn't (and still don't) have any release criterion which says
> that this situation should not occur. Fortunately, in the F33 Beta case, we
> managed to ship a fixed version of Firefox in time, and so we didn't really
> need to make a decision back then.

My recollection is the older Firefox did ship on beta media. There
wasn't a newer successfully built Firefox still.

But yeah, I support moving the criterion to beta. The language says
"must be fixed or documented" - who decides which? It reads like there
are up to three decisions to make for this criterion: 1) is it a
blocker? 2) should it be documented or fixed for beta? 3) should it be
documented or fixed for final?

--
Chris Murphy