On Tue, May 04, 2021 at 01:25:50AM +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:

> I had an idea and if instead of calling it stable, we call it RC1
> (release candidate 1) and only after adding all the updates in the base
> version and (re) testing, we finally call it Fedora 34 stable ?

Yeah, we could add a few days in and require the updates repo, but...

It makes it really hard in some cases. Like, for example, say we have a
RC1, we make the updates repo, and we find some release blocking bug. We
make an update for it, but it needs to be in the base repo... so that
just 1 update has to compose into the base repo, but all other updates
have to go to updates-testing. ie, we have to do more things and it
becomes more complex. Bodhi isn't setup to handle both populating a
updates/updates testing repos and leting a branched compose compose just
some updates into the base repo. More states could be added of course,
but it's more work.

kevin