On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 11:44:25AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> is it really necessary that ConTeXt has two config directories,

It has two directories which are named config. That's a fact. I don't
know if users have to change the files in there. I guess that this does
not really happen.

> $ diff -u tetex-texmf-2.99.5.20041207-beta/context/config/texexec.{ini,rme}

Hans distributes texexec.rme as some kind of "template" for the "real"
texexec.ini file which defines the settings as appropriate for the TeX
system. For some reason, Hans' defaults perfectly match teTeX, so I
usually just copy texexec.rme to texexec.ini.

Thomas