On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 09:31:35PM +0000, João Palhoto Matos wrote:
> Hello list:
>
> I have noticed an anomaly with the version of xdvi in the 2.99.6 beta (I
> do not know if it was present before as this was noticed by processing an
> old document; back when the document was produced with tetex 2 xdvi would
> put black rectangles where the problem is now noticeable so there is a big
> improvement in objective terms).
>
> It can be described as shaded regions for the box of each character having
> a different shade from the background when using the shaded option of the
> framed style so I believe this is something most people will not notice.
>
> A minimal source example, dvi file and screen shot are available from:
> http://www.math.ist.utl.pt/~jmatos/xdvibug/
>
> The problem is not noticeable either when one uses the magnifying glass in
> this version of xdvi or if one uses kdvi to view the dvi file or in the
> Postscript file. It is noticeable if one zooms in or out in xdvi.
>
> If someone is able to reproduce the anomaly I will gladly file a bug with
> xdvik at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=23164&atid=377580
> (nothing similar seems to be there or mentioned in the source directory).
>
> For the record: xdvi 22.84.8 (Motif toolkit)
> OS: Linux Fedora Core 3.

xdvi does not support the \colorbox macro, which is used internally in
the framed package.

The xdvi man page mentions that it does not support \colorbox.  I am now
adding mention of the issue with the framed package (although I suspect
that there will be an infinite list of these sorts of things...).

--Paul Vojta, [EMAIL PROTECTED]