On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 08:52:50AM +0100, Harald Koenig wrote:
> great.  will this "next version" be included in 3.0 or is it post-3.0 ?

Well, this "texconfig rewrite" is the only reason why we don't have a
first release candidate yet...

Basically, I have finnished the "batch mode" and the interactive mode is
now being implemented in a separate file and makes calls to the batch mode
program. This would even allow other prople to write better front-ends than
this dialog stuff.

With the planned implementation, the "batch mode" script makes no calls
to any front-end.

> > Hm... So, you have TEXMFMAIN=/usr/local/teTeX ?
>
> correct.  but there is no /usr/local/teTeX/terminfo/ and I can't find
> any terminfo data neither in tetex-src nor tetex-texmf or tetex-texmfsrc.

It gets installed from
  tetex-src/texk/tetex/texmf/texconfig
  $TEXMFMAIN/texconfig
by "make install".