On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 10:08:17AM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> i'm getting pretty fed up with such changes; as with other changes
> (patterns to mention one) such drops/changes are not communicated, and the

Don't tell me that you are not reading the tex-fonts mailing list!?

Hm... there is an archive,
e.g. http://www.math.utah.edu/pipermail/tex-fonts/. For example, in
October 2002, there was a lot of discussion about 8r.enc.

> will use the tx enc files; i see no problems in a few dupplicate files;

Well, if there is a clear separation: no problem. But, the encoding
name *must* be different, then. Two different implementations of the
same encoding should not exist.

Thomas