On 2002-12-02 11:09:36 +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> and I found the following statements of listing.sty
> while I checked it;
>
> %% (w)(c) 1996 -- 2002 Carsten Heinz and/or any other author
> %% listed elsewhere in this file.
> %%
> %% This file is distributed under the terms of the LaTeX Project Public
> %% License from CTAN archives in directory  macros/latex/base/lppl.txt.
> %% Either version 1.0 or, at your option, any later version.
> %%
> %% Permission is granted to modify the listings package as well as
> %% lstdrvrs.dtx. You are not allowed to distribute a modified version
> %% of the package or lstdrvrs.dtx unless you change the file names and
> %% provide the original files. In any case it is better to contact the
> %% address below; other users will welcome removed bugs, new features,
> %% and additional programming languages.
> %%
> %% The listings package is free software.
> %%
> %% However, if you distribute the package as part of a commercial
> %% product or if you use the package to prepare a commercial document
> %% (books, journals, and so on), I'd like to encourage you to make a
> %% donation to the LaTeX3 fund. The size of this `license fee' should
> %% depend on the value of the package for your product. For more
> %% information about LaTeX see http://www.latex-project.org
> %%
> %% No matter whether you use the package for a commercial or
> %% non-commercial document, please send me a copy of the document (.dvi,
> %% .ps, .pdf, hardcopy, etc.) to support further development---it is
> %% easier to introduce new features or simplify things if I see how the
> %% package is used by other people.

This is NOT an LPPL conforming licensing; the author should be
contacted to sort out the license.

The LPPL states:
----------------
Additional Conditions on Individual Files of The Program

An individual file of The Program may bear additional conditions
that supplement and/or supersede the conditions in this license
if, and only if, such additional conditions exclusively concern
modification of the file or distribution of a modified version of
the file. The conditions on individual files of The Program
therefore may differ only with respect to the kind and extent of
modification of those files that is allowed, and with respect to
the distribution of modified versions of those files.
Clearly the fifth and sixth paragraph violate the LPPL; the
third and fourth are superfluous.

Best regards
        Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Straße 8, D-28359 Bremen