On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 07:54:34PM +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Could not find app-default file for xdvi
> (/opt/tetex/20041128/texmf/xdvi/XDvi).

A known problem with the current implementation of texconfig. I am
currently rewriting texconfig and this will be fixed.

For the time being, you can just
  touch /opt/tetex/20041128/texmf/xdvi/XDvi

> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 72 --mag 1+14/72 --dpi 86 ptmr8r
> gsftopk: fatal: map file `psfonts_t1.map' not found.

Hm... Are you using a mix of old/new binaries or do you use the new
programs with (fragments) of old config files? Or have you set incorrect
search paths (e.g. by environment variables)?

During the end of "make install", updmap was called and it did generate
a psfonts_t1.map file.

And obviously, pdfetex should have found its pdftex.map and used the
ptmr8r setting found from there. So, I guess that something is wrong
with your installation or your environment.

> 3) perl warnings:

I have the latest official context release. Please, just ask Hans (or
the context mailing list).

Thomas