On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 11:01:54PM +0000, Kim Welford wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I've had teTeX 1.0 installed on my Sun workstation under Solaris for
> millenia and have been using pdflatex along with Ppower4 and foiltex
> to generate all my scientific presentations for the past several years.
> Having recently obtained a Mac Powerbook running OS 10.3.8, I installed
> teTeX 3.0 using fink and have attempted to recompile my presentation
> files. The weird part is that my slides on the Mac wind up being
> consistently oversized, spanning more than their designated slide. This
> doesn't seem to happen to my text documents with figures, only my
> foils stuff.

foils (foiltex) isn't part of teTeX (because of license issues) - are
you using the same version of foils on the two machines. (I'm using
version 2.1.4a which detects pdflatex automatically.) How do you
specify the papersize - just by given the option letterpaper to the
foils class? I don't think that works for the newer pdflatex (if you
are using an old foils version).

Hans