Hello,

I got responsible for our TeX installation and have several questions:

1. I am confused about the post installation configuration. I've just
installed teTeX 3.0 as described in INSTALL without problems. But what to do
now?

The documenatation says "configure teTeX using texconfig" and later  "set up
area for automatic font generation".

What are the recommended configurations using texconfig? For example which
mode is the recommended one? The only configuration I can do without
hesitating is setting the default paper to A4.

About the area for automatic font generation there is no further
documentation in INSTALL.

2. Are there any recommended components one should install additionally to
teTeX? (latex packages, programms, fonts)?

3. Is there a documentation about all components of a teTeX installation. The
number of programms and different files is overwhelming. Is there a guided
description of all components of teTeX, which describes how the parts glue
together. It's hard to see the whole picture by reading the manpages for the
different tools.

Yours sincerely,
Christoph Bartoschek