[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>[great part is omitted]
mkdir -p ${texmf}/fonts/map/pdftex/unknown/
cp gara.map ${texmf}/fonts/map/pdftex/unknown/
updmap --enable Map gara.map

(gara.map is "recgara Garamond  T1Encoding ReEncodeFont  <T1-WGL4.enc <
gara.ttf")

Now "pdflatex ${font}.tex" does not work any more: "Font gara .. not found".

Any more hints gratefully received!

>After you place all needed files into right location you must run
>a) if location is global TEXMF directory
>   texhash-sys
>b) if location is private TEXMF directory
>    texhash
>And only after <texhash> rebuild ls-R files pdflatex will work fine.

I'm sorry, but I make a mistake. Instead 'texhash' must be 'texconfig-sys
rehash'
and 'texconfig rehash'. Sorry.

P.S. Sorry, if my English is poor.
---