Hi,

I am using TeXLive2005 on a Debian machine. Working locally
everything works perfectly "out of the box".

My web database application that automagically creates
documents by calling pdflatex complains about missing
format file pdflatex.fmt. It's a system() call from a
scripting language similar to PHP (mSQL/Ember).

The web application has the $PATH set correctly. My next
idea was to write a wrapper shell script that sets all
teTeX variables. So I copied everything that texconfig
reports. Again, no pdflatex.fmt found, even when called
locally.

--kpathsea-debug=65535 generates tons of output that
seems to hide the problem instead of giving hints.

Is there anybody out there who has a better suggestion
for the debug parameter?

Regards,
Gerhard

--