Paulo J. Matos wrote:
Hi all,

I've teTeX 2 installed with my Gentoo Linux distribution.
I've also installed the fonts and style files from tengwarscript into
$HOME/texmf.

The structure is as follows:
[skipped]
However when I try a simple test file, latex works ok, if I use
dvipdfm also works ok but when I use dvips I get the following error:
$ dvips -o tengtest.ps tengtest.dvi
This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2006.03.13:1825' -> tengtest.ps
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 600 --mag 1+60/600
--dpi 660 tnganbi
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for tnganbi.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
dvips: Font tnganbi not found,  using cmr10 instead.
dvips: Checksum mismatch in font tnganbi
<texc.pro><8r.enc><texps.pro><special.pro><color.pro>. [1]

and the output is trash. :-|

Any ideas where the problem might be?

Thanks,
First question: do you run 'texconfig rehash'?
Second question: do you add map file into 'updmap.cfg' or run
'updmap --enable Map=tengwarscript.map' ?
Third question: what say the documentation for the package?

P.S. Sorry, if my English is poor.

---
With best regards, Vladimir Lomov