Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:30:45 -0500 (EST)
   From: "Walter Tautz [MFCF]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   at the end? if one views the documentation under doc/programs
   for example. Latex files usually have the table
   of contents towards the beginning. I must confess I ALWAYS
   see this all the texinfo stuff. Is there an options that
   one has to set in the source?? Is this a deliberate design
   of the texinfo macros? Very annoying. If one prints single sided
   it isn't a problem. Just expressing a pet peeve that i have noticed
   for many years.

First, what connection has this question with this mailing list which
is for discussing specific aspects of the specific teTeX distribution?

Second, the answer is easy: the information for the table of contents
is available only after you have read in the entire other stuff.
LaTeX solves this by using a multi-pass method (which requires at
least two passes through a document), texinfo seems to do this
differently.  If it disturbs you, the teTeX maintainers are the last
people to be complaining to.  Try your hand at the texinfo
maintainers.

David Kastrup                                     Phone: +49-234-32-25570
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Fax: +49-234-32-14209
Institut für Neuroinformatik, Universitätsstr. 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany