I have installed teTeX 1.0 from the sources on AIX 4.2.0 about half a
year ago, because the downloadable binaries didn't work for me either
(problems with xdvi). I don't remember having set special paths in the
includes, and configure seems to have found everything; at least it
works.
On our system I find the files you list in /usr/lpp/X11/include/X11/Xaw.
I don't know if your directory tree is similar, but maybe you can find
out if you have them in a similar place. Is it possible to give
additional include paths as an option to configure?
Hope this helps a bit,
Thomas Ruedas
Institute of Meteorology and Geophysics, J.W.Goethe University Frankfurt
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.geophysik.uni-frankfurt.de/~ruedas/