I hope this is the right place for this query - if not my apologies.

I've just caught up with the times and upgraded our old teTeX-0.4 to the
latest binary (1.0.5 I believe) for Solaris. All installed apparently
with no problems.

What we do have is horrible output from xdvi. Text is illegible, and
what you _can_ see is grey rather than black. Using old version of xdvi
on the same .dvi file everything looks fine (as it always has). I've
looked at the XDvi configuration, and the xdvi wrapper, neither of which
looks to have anything untoward. I've looked on the mailing list
archives, but can't see any mention of similar problems. I've probably
missed something obvious, but can't for the life of me think what it
might be or where to look.

I've tried a couple of machines, one Solaris 5.6, one Solaris 7. xdvi
-help shows the version as 22.05d-k

Thanks
--

Sheila

Dr. Sheila Bryant                           Software Applications
Support
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]             Dept. of Meteorology,
Phone: 0118 931 6395                        University of Reading,